Ocean Spirit Michaelmas Cay Dive and Snorkel Cruise from Cairns
The tour includes semi-submersible coral-viewing tours for those who want to see the underwater world without getting wet. If you would like to dive the Great Barrier Reef, introductory dives for novices are available.
- Roundtrip cruise from Cairns to Michaelmas Cay
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Use of snorkel equipment and lyra suit
- Coral viewing in air-conditioned semi-submersible,
- Ecological presentations by qualified marine biologists
- Environmental Management Charge
- Drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Diving within 24 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (For example: asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years
The trip was great but the reef didn't have many fish for snorkelers perhaps because it was low tide I've seen many more fish off Malaysia etc. The crew were charming and couldn't do enough for their passengers.
This is one of the most fantastic things we have ever done. The snorkeling is beyond compare. The water is crystal clear and the giant clams, tropical fish, and lovely coral are the best I have ever seen. The boat ride was fabulous and beautiful and the food was GREAT. The semi sub ride was a spectacular experience. The birds take up most of the island so do not plan on sunbathing. There is definitely a bit of an odor and many feathers on the sand. The area for the birds is roped off and there are surveillance cameras...so no sneaking over to the bird side! If you love birds like I do, you will enjoy seeing all of the baby chicks. It was a wonderful day that I will always remember!
The Great barrier reef is so famous that you have to see it at least once, even if it's not the best barrier reef I've seen. The boat takes you on this protected island located 2h30 from Cairns. This small sand island coming out from nowhere is special. Tiny spot occupied by a amazing number of birds !! We are only allowed to stay on a delimited area so we don't disturb too much these animals. The water is... COLD !! What a surprise for me !! The Great barrier reef is in a cold water 21 degrees that day. Anyway, the spectacle is beautiful. The subversive boat is a very nice way too see all types of fishes and reefs. the crew on the boat is very friendly and teach us a lot about the reef's life. The snorkeling spot is the most colored reef I've seen so far: blue, brown, pink, yellow... the go pro made a good job :
I just wish I had known I had to line up for ages to get tickets for my voucher. Rest was good. Crew nice and helpful.